30th birthday gifts for men
Picking out gifts for men is hard enough once they outgrow Hot Wheels. You'd think milestone birthdays would make it easier to come up with an idea, but sometimes it just ends up compounding the problem. First consider the person you are buying for. What does he like? What does he dislike? Decide if you are going to try and rub in the fact that he's thirty and make him feel old or if you'll leave that to the rest of the world.
Beyond that, what does he enjoy? There are books themed on age thirty so if he likes to read, you could choose one of those. If he likes music, pick up an album that was hot the year he was born or one from his teenage years that he absolutely loved. You could personalize a mug with a 30th birthday quote and give it to him along with his favorite coffee and creamer.
Gift ideas for men
- Flying lessons - Most little boys want to be a pilot at some point, now that you're older take the next step and give it a shot.
- NASCAR driving experience - Race a real NASCAR stock car on an actual track, reach speeds over 200 miles an hour with instruction from real racers.
- Take a dinner cruise - Sail around Catalina, Long Island, or the Florida Keys on a short cruise complete with entertainment and a gourmet meal.
- Sailing lessons - Ripping across the waves, wind at your back, the sigh and snap of the sails as they catch the breeze, you can learn to do it too!
- Cleaning services - Men hate to pick up, and nobody likes doing laundry, hire him a maid for a week, a month, or even a year.
- Tools of the trade - Most men love to tinker, a new set of well made wrenches, a power drill, or a circular saw will have him beaming all day.
- Dog days - Take your favorite guy and man's best friend out for a day of Frisbee at the park and some well deserved pampering at the groomer.
- Helicopter rides - Take a spin over the city, or a local landmark in a helicopter, see the city lights at night from far above.
- Skiing/Snowboarding Lessons - Get suited up and carve some sweet powder with the gift of skiing or snowboarding lessons at your favorite mountain.
- King of the kitchen - Does he love to cook? Surprise him with a brand new set of pots and pans.